Number of Decks in Play and Odds in Baccarat

If you have explored our gaming portal, you have figured out that we are fully committed to Baccarat. So far, we have covered different aspects of the game and provided you with the tips you can use to make the most of playing your favourite card game. In this article, we will discuss how the number of decks in play affects the odds in Baccarat.

Fewer Decks, Better Odds

Baccarat is a card game based on luck. The only decision made by the player is which bet they will play. And, one of the most common tips you will get is that you should play the Banker bet as it comes with the best odds of winning. But, does a number of decks change the house edge and odds of winning in the game of Baccarat? Let’s find out.

When you play Baccarat with a single deck, the odds for the Banker are 45.96%, for the Player 44.68% odds, and for the Tie bet 9.36%. The 4-deck version of the game has the odds of 45.88% for the banker bet, 44.63% for the Player bet and 9.49% for the Tie bet. As for 6-deck and 8-deck Baccarat games, the odds for the Banker bet are 45.87% and 45.86%, respectively. For the Player bet, the odds are 44.63% and 44.62% while for the Tie are 9.51% and 9.51%.

What Does It Mean in Practice?

The figures given above show that more decks decrease the odds for the preferable betting options – the Banker and Player. As for the Tie, the odds increase as the number of decks increases. When it comes to online Baccarat at virtual and live tables, it uses an 8-deck shoe, so there will be no option to choose those games with fewer decks in play. Even if you find a Baccarat variant with 6 decks, your odds won’t be considerably bigger. That should not worry you, though, as Baccarat is a game with quite a low house edge, as long as you stick to the Banker and Player bet.

Closing Thoughts

Baccarat is a straightforward game where you need to decide on which bet you will place only. Unlike Blackjack, where you also have to make further decisions that will determine the outcome of the game, at Baccarat, it’s all about luck. If you follow the basic Baccarat strategy and tips that recommend betting on the Banker hand, you will have the best odds of winning. This bet comes with a house edge of 1.06% only. Another good option is the Player bet with a slightly higher house edge of 1.24%.

Instead of worrying about how many card decks are in play, keep an eye on your bankroll while playing Baccarat. It is a fast-paced game, where you may feel the urge to wager more than you have planned, so make sure to manage your bankroll properly.

Click here to visit the best online casinos approved by the PlayBaccarat gaming portal and try your luck on your favourite Baccarat game!